On behalf of the Centre for Women’s Rights Organisation and WAVE (Women Against Violence Europe) we would like to invite you to a press conference preceding the International Conference ‘Europe United against Violence against Women – improved legislation, policies and services for victims’ and to the main conference, taking place on 14-15 October in the Conference Centre.
Press Conference Thursday, 14 October 2010 at 9am
Venue: Centrum Konferencyjno-Kongresowe, ul. Bobrowiecka 9, Building E-1 (near Auditorium Maximum)
The organizers of the conference are: Centre for Women’s Rights and WAVE (Women Against Violence Europe).
During the two-day conference we will discuss:
• new solutions related to the protection of women and children against violence which were implemented by the amended act on preventing family violence;
• directions and prospects of legislative and institutional changes enforced by the Council of Europe and the European Union in preventing and combating violence against women and children;
• strategies related to increasing accessibility to services and to the standards of clinics and shelters for women who were victims of violence and for children who are at risk of serious injuries or of murder resulting from violence;
• protection against violence of female immigrants and women residing illegally in EU countries;
• children’s right to be protected from violence in families where both parents are responsible for exercising parental authority.
Among the participants of the conference there will be: Jolanta Kwasniewska – the First Lady in 1995-2005, Joanna Senyszyn-MEP, Christine Bergmann, former Minister of the Federal Government of Germany, Rosa Logar, a member of the Council of Europe Working Group on Anti-Violence Against Women, the head of Vienna’s Crisis Intervention Center Against Domestic Violence, Urszula Nowakowska, President of the Executive Women’s Rights Center, Jose Mendez-Bot, Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.